Advice for children and young people: online issues and worries
There are lots of great things about social media, apps and games, life wouldn't be the same without them for most of us. But sometimes things can go wrong and you might feel like you are in an unsafe or upsetting situation.
We all want to keep our online experience positive so this area has been created to help you make sense of some of the issues that you might have to deal with. The information pages also include advice on what to do and where to turn for help if you are worried about something online.
Always keep in mind that you have rights and these rights also apply in the digital world!
- Catfishing and impersonation
- Digital well-being and mental health
- Fake news and misinformation
- Group chats
- Illegal and offensive content
- Online advertising
- Online body image and self esteem
- Online bullying
- Online gaming
- Online grooming
- Online hate
- Online influencers
- Online radicalisation and extremism
- Online reputation
- Online sexual harassment
- Screen time and healthy balance
- Sharing nudes
- Social media