360 safe Cymru
- Part of
360 safe Cymru is an interactive online safety self-evaluation tool which is available bilingually through Hwb for all maintained schools in Wales.
The tool supports schools to:
- review their online safety provision
- develop or review their online safety policies
- benchmark their provision against good practice and compare with national averages
- produce action plans
- access a range of relevant resources and example policy templates
- collaborate on developing their provision and practice
Register and access 360 safe Cymru
Once a user has logged in to Hwb, the 360 Cymru icon will become available on their home page. Each school must register for their own 360 safe Cymru organisational account and account administrator(s) (which includes the headteacher as a minimum by default) may allow as many users to register to that account as required. Account administrators manage the access and permissions of all users in their school, including assigning administrator permissions to other staff members if appropriate.
Most schools in Wales have a registered 360 safe Cymru account, but for those wishing to register or who want to identify current administrators and users in their school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the 360safeCymru contact form.
How to check/register my Hwb account in 360 safe Cymru
Log in to Hwb and click on 360 Cymru on your home page.
If you are already registered
- You will be re-directed to your school’s ‘Welcome to your online safety review’ dashboard page.
- Your name and school will be visible in the profile box in the top right-hand side of the application window.
If you are not registered
- Complete the online registration form with your full name and Hwb email address.
- Your school’s 360 safe Cymru administrator(s) will be automatically informed of your registration request and must approve this before you can access the tool.
- Once approved, you will be sent a time limited verification email i.e. you must respond on the same working day.
Using the tool
The 360 safe Cymru tool allows you to rate your school against a number of different online safety criteria. It is structured into:
The elements provide the highest level in the structure, defining the 4 main categories in which the review is carried out i.e. ‘Policy and leadership’, ‘Education’, ‘Technology’ and ‘Outcomes’.
Each element provides the starting point for the review and consists of a number of strands and aspects.
There are 8 strands in total divided between the four elements. Each strand is then further divided into aspects.
There are 21 aspects to complete in total.
Within each aspect there are 5 level statements starting with Level 5 up to Level 1 which represents the highest level of achievement. Schools select the statement that best reflects their current position. The benchmark level for the Online Safety Mark is indicated alongside the relevant level statement.
The ‘Dashboard’ includes a radar graph which provides an overview of your school’s progress within the tool and the areas of online safety that need improvement. The levels you have selected for each aspect are shown in green, along with the current national level in blue and recommended benchmark levels in red.
For more information about using 360 safe Cymru please visit FAQ & Support.