This is an important starting point for the professional learning journey and schools are recommended to spend time ensuring that they have a clear understanding of the requirements of Curriculum for Wales and that the school’s vision incorporates the four purposes of the curriculum. Reading the Curriculum for Wales guidance is a good starting point.
Areas to consider
Some areas schools could consider within this area are:
- understanding the four purposes
- an evaluation of the existing whole-school vision
- establishing a clear whole-school vision with the four purposes at its core
- establishing a change culture
- considering policies and plans
- the involvement of stakeholders
- communicating the whole-school vision accordingly.
The playlist resources below show how some schools have addressed some or more of the above aspects in developing or redeveloping their whole-school vision.
- Part of:
- First published:
- Last updated: