National Digital Learning Event
The annual National Digital Learning Event is aimed at teachers and those working in education in Wales, with a view to sharing good practice and expertise in digital learning.
National Digital Learning Event 2018
Where and when: The event will be held on Wednesday 20 June 2018 at the Exhibition Hall, Celtic Manor, Newport.
Theme: 'Sharing digital practices to support an evolving curriculum'.
Kirsty Williams AM, Cabinet Secretary for Education, will open the event and announce the winner of the National Digital Learning Council’s Pupil Award.
Following stakeholder feedback, this year’s event will focus on the ‘Digital Marketplace’ which will showcase innovative examples of how digital practices are being developed in schools across Wales. Practitioners from across the Welsh education sector will provide practical insights into how they are approaching the implementation of the Digital Competence Framework as part of the wider curriculum reform programme in Wales.
The 'Digital Marketplace' will be split in to 5 areas:
- All about Hwb - This area will focus on the latest developments on Hwb. It will give delegates the opportunity to learn about practical ideas on using our resources and tools in the classroom.
- Award winning projects - This area will feature award winners from the National Digital Learning Awards.
- Cracking the code - This area provides an opportunity for schools to explore coding activity and share good practice.
- Developing creative digital projects - An opportunity to hear from a range of organisations that can help you with creating digital projects for the new curriculum.
- Embedding digital practice in your school - Meet practitioners from across Wales who will share innovative classroom ideas, aimed at developing digital competence.
Booking for this year’s event has now closed.
Further information about the day will be available soon.