Cymraeg

Hwb

Creative Learning

Creative Learning through the Arts - Grant funding

As part of the All-Wales Arts and Education Offer, the Arts Council of Wales make grants available to schools to encourage and inspire learners - to get them excited about the arts from an early age and to start on the journey of being a life-long arts enthusiast.

Go and See

  • Schools can apply for a grant of up to £1000 to cover the cost of their learners attending high-quality arts events – including theatre performances and visits to galleries and exhibitions, as well as other arts-related activities. This can also cover visiting an arts professional in their own working environment, while undertaking or creating their work.
  • You can apply for a grant covering up to 90% of the cost of the experience, with your school match-funding the remaining 10%.

Both grants can be used to cover the cost of transport to an event, even if there is no charge for the event itself.

A list of activities and experiences led by the four Regional Arts and Education Networks as part of the All-Wales Arts and Education Offer is available on the Creative Learning Zone events page. However, any reasonable arts-related activity will be considered as part of the application process.

For more information and for details on how to apply, visit the Arts Council of Wales’ website.

Creative Collaborations

Creative Collaborations grants can be provided to fund wider arts, cultural and creative activities, with schools able to apply for funding of between £5,000 and £15,000 to develop innovative, ambitious sustained projects.

These can include working with other schools, longer term experiencing the arts’ events or working with creative practitioners.

For more information on this project, visit the Arts Council of Wales’ website.