As a result of the Curriculum and Assessment (Wales) Act 2021 we are working on updates to the Curriculum for Wales guidance to reflect the changes we committed to during the Bill process. We will make these changes in September 2021.
National Network for Curriculum Implementation
The National Network will be an opportunity for all interested practitioners to get involved in national co-construction to address our shared challenges and opportunities.
- Introduction to Curriculum for Wales guidance
Introduces the four purposes, what's new, why it's changing and who the curriculum guidance is for
- Summary of legislation
Explains the legal status of the curriculum guidance, the proposed legal duties on schools and what these mean in practice
- Designing your curriculum
General guidance for designing your curriculum across all areas of learning and experience
- Supporting learner progression: assessment
Guidance for designing assessment arrangements within a school curriculum
- The journey to 2022
Expectations for the process of designing your curriculum and preparing to implement it from 2022 onwards
- Implementation plan
Our preparations for rolling out the Curriculum for Wales.
Areas of learning and experience
What happens next
- 2020 Jan New curriculum and assessment arrangements finalised and available
- 2021 Sep Schools to prepare for first teaching of their curriculum
- 2022 Sep Schools using the new curriculum - Nursery to Year 7
- 2023+ New curriculum rolled out to Years 8 to 11 between 2023 and 2026